Caution!
May contain swears, slang, dark humour, graphic pictures, nudity, sexual references, drug references, and anything else that can be considered offensive.
Seriously.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, Sarah... I love you!

Not trying to brag or anything, but I totally get to see one of my favorite artists of all time tomorrow night!

That's right! Sarah McLachlan is coming to my town! Not only do I get to listen to her amazingly sultry and beautiful voice for an hour, but I'm getting paid for it too! Oh gosh, I'm excited.

This is one of my absolute favorite songs by Sarah. I don't know who it's about (Other than the obvious!), the story behind it, or what happened afterward... but that's not the point. This song can be - and IS - for everyone who has ever felt this way in their life. Lost, lonely, shamed, hurt, ugly, useless, etc... Sarah nails it.




Adia, I do believe I failed you
Adia, I know I let you down
Don’t you know I tried so hard
To love you in my way?
It’s easy, let it go...
Adia, I’m empty since you left me
Trying to find a way to carry on
I search myself and everyone
To see where we went wrong
’cause there’s no one left to finger
There’s no one here to blame
There’s no one left to talk to, honey
And there ain’t no one to buy our innocence
’cause we are born innocent
Believe me, Adia, we are still innocent
It’s easy, we all falter
Does it matter?
Adia, I thought that we could make it
But I know I can’t change the way you feel
I'll leave you with your misery -
A friend who won’t betray
I'll pull you from your tower
I'll take away your pain
I'll show you all the beauty you possess
If you’d only let yourself believe that
We are born innocent
Believe me, Adia, we are still innocent
It’s easy, we all falter, does it matter?
Believe me Adia, we are still innocent
’cause we are born innocent
Adia, we are still innocent
It’s easy, we all falter ... but does it matter?


Other songs by Sarah that are dear to me that you should check out because I have awesome taste in music are:


I Will Remember You - One of her most 'famous' songs

Blackbird  - This is actually the first version of this Beatles classic that I heard! Weird!

I Love You - One of my all-time favorites. I think this really showcases her vocal talent.

Angel - Another 'famous' one

Possession - This was written about Sarah's stalker. Most of the lyrics are actual things that he said/wrote to her.


1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't name your daughter "Adia." Oh well... there's always next baby! :P

    ReplyDelete