Caution!
May contain swears, slang, dark humour, graphic pictures, nudity, sexual references, drug references, and anything else that can be considered offensive.
Seriously.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm SORRY, okay?!

Soooo I have 3 tests to write tomorrow. I'm nervous, and I'm excited.
I'm also really freakin' tired. 
I feel awful for slacking on my posts (I actually have one half done and waiting for more inspiration), so I'm going to be lame and put up a 'recipe'.

Super Easy And Yummy Potatoes

Preheat oven to 375F

Potatoes (Russet, red, white, etc)
Butter/Margarine/Olive oil
Onions, diced
Garlic, finely chopped
Spices (You choose!)
Tin foil

The idea here is that you're kinda 'gift wrapping' the potatoes. What a nice present! Wow! How thoughtful!

Cut a square of tin foil (about 6x6 in) for each 'serving'. I usually only need one for all of my children, and one for each adult.
Wash and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces. Try not to keep them too big, or they won't cook as fast. You can also peel the potatoes if you're lame and still take the crusts off your bread, too.
Add onions and garlic (to taste), as well as your spices. I use Mrs. Dash and pepper, but it's totally up to you. 
If you're using oil, just pour it on slowly and ensure that most of the potatoes are covered. 
If you're using butter/margarine, put a large teaspoon in (C'mon, eyeball it!)

Pulling up the sides and join them at the top, sort of like a Troll doll hair style.

Just a reminder.
Make sure that it's closed fairly tightly, though. They need to 'steam' a bit, you don't want them drying out!! Keep them in there for about 45 minutes. *Carefully* open them up with oven mitts on (silly!) and if they aren't ready? BOOM! Pop 'em back in! 


I use these as a side with steak, or chicken. You can also do this on a barbecue (I don't know how long it would take, though. I'm not a big 'barbecuer')! TRY IT YOURSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment