Caution!
May contain swears, slang, dark humour, graphic pictures, nudity, sexual references, drug references, and anything else that can be considered offensive.
Seriously.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snowballs

Wow. I just made one of the tastiest, healthiest and easiest snacks in the history of snackdom!

My oldest son can't wait until we finish dinner and have 'dessert'. Sometimes it's simple like jello or ice cream, but sometimes - just sometimes - I manage to impress him.
Normally, I plan dessert halfway through the day. I'll make some cookies or a banana loaf after lunch - That sort of thing.

My kids were absolute monsters today. Monsters. Needless to say, a nice present for them was the last thing on my mind this afternoon. Dinner (BBQ chicken quesadillas!) was a huge hit, but not enough to make Owen forget about 'dessert'.

I really wanted to give the kids something fast as I was (and still am) a little grumpy and not really in the mood for a big production, but I also wanted something that was healthy and filling.
Then it hit me. Weelicious!

This website has changed the way I feed my children, and myself! Recipes ranging from one or two ingredient purees for babies, to full meals for the family, this is one of the only recipe sites I ever use.
Catherine is not only an amazing chef, but a Mother of two young children - Who would know better than her!? Understanding allergies, she will give options to make things gluten-free, peanut free, or dairy-free! She's amazing!

The recipe that I used is for Snow Balls, and they are amazing! Packed full of protein, and really good for you! I took a picture too!

I love my 60's plate

 In the comments section on Weelicious, people mentioned subbing in cocoa instead of coconut (Not everyone is a fan), or even mushed up cereal like cornflakes! Try it out! Easy and yummy!!
 

1 comment: