Caution!
May contain swears, slang, dark humour, graphic pictures, nudity, sexual references, drug references, and anything else that can be considered offensive.
Seriously.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH!

There are so many milestones that you look forward to experiencing when you have kids. One of them that I have been very excited about was Owen losing his teeth. 
It's way better than when they actually get teeth, you know? It just kind of, flops out of their mouth! - Ha. Ha ha ha. No, not exactly.

I'm not a huge 'teeth' fan - Does that make sense? I don't love teeth, I don't really like going to the dentist... In fact, I don't even really like the whole mouth area at all. Teeth are just kind of weird.

Weird indeed.
 I didn't think it would be a big deal, though. I mean, the kid eats an apple or something, loses the tooth, and you do a big dance. Or, if you're not patient enough -like my Mother- you just rip it out of their skull.
I remember hiding my wiggly teeth from my Mom. The second she saw me playing with a wiggly tooth, she would click her tongue and say "Go lay on the couch, I'll be right there."
I'd whimper a little, but that's about all I could do. Mom would return with a cold cloth, lay my head on her lap, and rip that tooth out in one pull. She would put the cloth on the gushing hole that was now in my mouth, go and wash off my tooth, come back and ask me how I was doing. So calm, so collected.
My turn. I learned from the best, right?? I put Owen's head in my lap, took the cold cloth and put it around his tooth to tug it out and -


SICK
I couldn't do it. Every time I tried to pull it out, I thought I was hurting him - or that I was going to vomit. I couldn't stop saying "Oh my GOD, Owen... doesn't it hurt?" 
What a wimp.

I'm totally posting a picture when I get the balls to rip that sucker out.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment